With the financial and technical assistance of NGO Forum for safe drinking water MUKTI had implemented a project named Water & Sanitation from 2000 to 2006.
Increased access to safe water and improved sanitation in poor community of Cox’s Bazar district.
- Ensure source of safe water for the community
- Ensure water sealed latrine in every house of the selected community.
- Village development committee formation and orientation
- Courtyard meeting for women
- Community meeting for men
- School WATSAN program
- Religious leader’s orientation
- Arsenic test
- Rally and campaign
- Ring well installation
- Iron removal plant installation
- Rain water harvesting system installation
- Village sanitation centre operation
STRENGTHENING HOUSEHOLDS ABILITY TO RESPOND TO DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY (SHOUHARDO) PROGRAM:
Mukti Cox’s Bazar had implemented Strengthening Households Ability to Respond to Development Opportunity (SHOUHARDO) Program at Cox’s Bazar district from February 2006 to February 2010.The Government of People’s Republic of Bangladesh, US Agency for International Development (USAID), CARE Bangladesh, Cox’s Bazar Poursova and Mukti Cox’s Bazar jointly implemented the program at Cox’s Bazar Sadar, Ramu Upazilla and Cox’s Bazar Poursova under Cox’s Bazar district.
One of the main objectives of the program was:
- Improvement of health and nutrition of the project participants on a sustainable basis.
Activities of Water and Sanitation are:
- Awareness raising on sanitation
- Installation of water sealed low cost latrine
- Ensure use of latrine by all in selected community
- Awareness raising on safe water use
- Installation of deep and shallow tube well for safe water